Saturday, May 4, 2019

Balancing Air and Water



Softly focusing on the sunlight dappling the tannin waters of the Noosa River sent my brain into Zen-like serenity.  

Balancing on five feet of fiberglass on the fine line between air and water, I rose up above the languid chocolate waters on a carbon mast with an underwater wing.  

I carved into a 3rd dimension, floating in nature, just above the water, the very place where heaven meets its reflection.

The hypnotic chocolate waters swell beyond the sandy banks into the mangrove roots and stands of eucalyptus.  Foiling here feels like the feathery span of the fish eagle swirling towards the flash of silvery bream. 

A guru of mine once said, "Life is a wave and your attitude the board." So I'm going to try and ride my swell positively, hear the music (probably "The Doors") feel confident in my foiling abilities and successfully balance air and water.





No comments:

Post a Comment